Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fueling my addiction



I signed up for my very first sock knitting class for 2011. From what I hear, they are where the addiction truly sets in. The ultimate in portability and functionality, who doesn't love a squishy, soft pair of socks, eh?
*above images from the Yarn Harlot

The Harlot herself, Stephanie Pearl McPhee rants about the kind of crazy I can only dream of. She hired an assistant to organize her fiber ROOM. She giggles about border crossings with spindles and laps full of wool. (She frequents the US with her Canadian posse of yarn spinning, knitting cohorts)

For those of you who don't know, my current life plan is to end up on a farm with a goat, sheep, and all the berries I can eat! (raspberries, blackberries, salmon berries, huckleberries... they all grow completely wild up here.) So fleecing, spinning, plying, knitting, crocheting.... all of that is in my big plan. Of course the farm would have to be close to Portland so I can manage my yoga/cafe next door to Trav's brewery/bike shop. Oh the places we'll go.

And because I  can't resist sharing some of my other blog obsessions...





2 comments:

  1. Funny - your life plan is so similar to mine! I want to end up on a farm with tons of veggies and fruit at my disposal, a goat and a sheep and a cute country house. I loooooove knitting and want to make socks now but I have to make a baby blanket before anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks look so cozy! Oh,I just love your life plan becauase just add horses and it is the same as mine!

    ReplyDelete