Wednesday, February 10, 2010

inspiration: diary

Moleskine page 13, originally uploaded by Jo36.

All my life I have journaled. Sometimes more than others... usually when lonely, stressed. Writing manages to knock out all those swirling thoughts, whirlpools of dread and fear. Suddenly problems become smaller. My mind settles, and life goes on.

I don't write as much as I used to. My life is calmer, more serene now. I find things I enjoy, and I do them often. Whether its a relaxing hobby like knitting, or an adrenaline rush of chasing my handsome boy up a Cascade mountain.

But I should. Its a private documentary of my growth, the challenges and accomplishments that my mind, this ego needs to process.

I love reading The Diary of Anais Nin, her dream world is so colorful and brave! She lived on a houseboat in Paris! I haven't made it through the entire series, but someday I'll get back to that.



{Paper Sparrow}
I love Andrea's simple approach... snippets of life with a colorful doodle. 


There is also an online image collage site that I have seen used as a virtual diary, polyvore






Cutest nostalgic journal from 1982! I should photograph some of my old diaries when I go back to my parent's house in Texas for Lo's wedding!





{flickr}
I got Travis a watercolor Moleskine for Christmas, we need to take some long hikes and use it this spring!



one for traveling...


And last but not least... typography play!

{flickr}


3 comments:

  1. those are really pretty...i wish i kept a journal, maybe i would be a little more sane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All really great styles of journal keeping! Very inspiring! Yes-- makes me want to keep a journal too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking around your blog and I have to say it is now one of my favourites.
    Thank you for your creative and fun posts.
    (:

    ReplyDelete