Thursday, April 22, 2010

love is in the earth

solitary tulip

This year we found one lovely tulip in the garden bed. Next fall I will plant more so she can have some friends for 2011!

The iris are growing tall all around, ready to take over as stars of the backyard. Only one bud has emerged, just as this tulip begins to bow. The seasonality of the garden is like a small gift, every month a new flower to say good morning. My wildflower seeds are all sprouting... and I even bought more seeds yesterday! Living in a house with a fertile backyard really suits me.

My flower post is in honor of Abby's unofficial flower week! Check out her new stickers :)

1 comment:

  1. lovely flower!! that red is stunning. our tulips came and went already, they were pretty but white with pink-ish tips. that red though...i'm gonna have to find some bulbs for next year!

    ReplyDelete